BLS (CPR) *Text book is Mandatory
AHA’s BLS Course provides the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. Updated to reflect new 2015 science, BLS teaches the concepts of high-quality CPR, improvement of chest compression fraction, and high-performing team dynamics.
BLS from AHA offers the advantages of: ~ Content representing the latest resuscitation science for improved patient outcomes ~ Realistic scenarios, simulations, and animations depicting rescuers, teams, and patients ~ Course and content flexibility for AHA Instructors and students, including adaptability to local protocols.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
Healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
• New science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
• The components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers
• Important early use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants